Children are naturally curious and show that by always asking questions. They remind to remain inquisitive throughout life. Questions are the driving forces behind knowledge, invention, solutions, creativity as well as personal and professional growth. In my coaching practice I ask artists questions they often have never thought about. This interaction brings light to important career issues and leads us to a place of heightened awareness often referred to as those “Aha!” moments. In this article I offer more than 30 empowering questions for artists to ask themselves.
The Brain Solves Problems With Questions
Problems are much more easily solved when you use the power of questions. As soon as you begin asking questions the brain automatically begins working on them and continues the mental process even when you aren’t consciously award of what’s going on.
The Art of Visualization
To create the ideal art career-life you want it’s important to start with a visualization of it. Get into a comfortable position, close your eyes, and imagine that you have everything you need in your art career. Then, apply the power of questions:
- Where are you geographically?
- Who are you with?
- As you envision yourself walking into your studio what does it look and feel like?
- How does your work in progress appear?
- What does your art career look like?
- What people are there to support you and your goals?
- What are you most grateful for?
Self-Confidence and Career Success-Generating Questions
It’s human nature to find ourselves more preoccupied by our imperfections than our accomplishments. Questions like these will lead to a more positive and confident frame of mind and action steps.
- Why is my art desirable?
- How does my art stand out from other art being created today?
- How and why does my work appeal to others?
- How do people react to my art?
- How do buyers feel when they express a desire for my art?
- How do my followers, fans and buyers describe my work?
- What art credentials am I most proud of?
- Why did I win the awards and accolades I achieved?
- What unique characteristics best describe my professional personality?
- What creative abilities and strengths are most admirable?
- How can I become successful and enjoy the process?
Financial Abundance-Generating Questions
If you are like most artists financial problems are very challenging. Here, again, these questions may lead to solutions.
- What are my financial needs?
- How many ways can I think of to raise the money I need?
- How may I barter my artwork for professional services?
- What project of mine would be best suited for a crowdfunding website?
- What grants are available to me?
- What new and existing art items will I sell in the next 12 months?
- What does my ideal customer profile look like?
- How can I increase my income from the previous year?
- What financial system can I set up to best manage my business?
- What can I do to attract more customers?
Avoid Negative Questions
When practicing the art of asking questions avoid negative questions which will most likely lead to negative thoughts and answers. Instead of asking yourself, “Why do I fail at this?”, consider formulating questions like these:
- How can I approach this situation better?
- What do I need to do next?
- Where should I concentrate my energy right now?
- What life-changing lesson is here for me to learn from this experience?
Which questions resonate the most with you? Let me know. Please leave a comment.
Would you like to receive professional guidance in a career consultation with me?
Click here for more information about my services.
WHO DO YOU WANT TO SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH?
WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO POST IT?